Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Adventures Part 2


Thank you to all of you who gave us suggestions for what Dan and I could be for our Halloween Costume party we went to. Dan and I decided we didn't want to spend too much money, so we decided to evaluate what we already had and came up with the football/cheerleader theme. I wore Dan's football uniform from his most recent season. We did, however, purchase his costume. And it was well worth it. I died laughing when he came down the stairs shaking his pom poms. And he was a big hit at the party.


Everyone in costume had to parade by the band, who were the judges, to get their costumes judged. On the second trip by the keyboard player, Dan thought it would be funny to play the piano with his boobs. It was funny. Most of the night was wrought with off color comments directed at his chest, and Dan realized how hard it must be for women who are rather large in that are to maneuver around.


There were a lot of good costumes: the Pope, Clifford the Big Red Dog (both of which danced together most of the night - interesting combo), Brangelina (I think the best costume - they were a young couple dressed as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie toting babies in a baby backpack and snugli), naught nurses, naughty devils, witches, hippies, scary masked people, an escaped convict, dice, dominoes, and Fat Albert and the Gang, and of course, Mr. Clean.



Dan made it into the finals and came in second. He was beat out by a young girl dressed as a sexy Raggedy Ann. I mean, really. Sexy Raggedy Ann? "Hmmm, what should I be for Halloween? I know! I'll be a sexy Raggedy Ann! She's been out of circa for a while. I'll bring her back, and bring her back big!" We know she won because her chest was real. You can see her on the left in the picture. BOOOOOO. Dan was totally robbed. I was secretly relieved though, because the trophy was actually quite large with skeletons hanging off of it. What in the world would we do with that? It was a really fun night. And we were out WAY past our bedtime. :)


2 comments:

Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

First thing I did when I saw your pics. on Facebook was laugh outloud. Then I thought classic Dan and Kim - I'm so glad you two have not changed a bit since college!!!

Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

Dan was robbed, kind of like we were in College with the Jackson Five!!! I SOO wish we could post that video on Facebook and I could play it whenever I was down in the dumps.

Bets