Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blog Drought

For the record, I am well aware of my sans-blogging. I can't decide if want to keep doing this or not. I have found that Facebook has slowly crept into all our lives, and we all get a sense of what is going on through that medium. On the other hand, there is so much I want to blog about, but to be honest, at the end of the day (the only time when I would have time to blog) I'm too tired!

Which brings me to why there is blog drought to begin with. Child #3. Two kids was cake. One child would have been like nothing. Everything was nice and neat. One of each. Perfect. Then, when Miss Avery joined us, it really threw me for a loop. What I once considered "double" for the other two (pouring 2 glasses of water, preparing 2 meals for them, getting 2 bathed and into bed, setting up 2 activities/crafts), has now melted into "one", and Avery is the "two". By that I mean I have lumped the activities for Alexa and Zachary into "one", and Avery is "second". Since A and Z are so close in age, alot of their needs are the same, so I feel like I'm just doing something once. Avery's needs are so different, so for now, she is kind of seperate from them.

To chronicle my day: we have 3 breakfasts to prepare. Then, depending on the day, we have 2 to get off to school. Avery naps in the morning. Then, 3 lunches, Avery's afternoon nap, snacks and dinner. Avery still takes bottles so throw those in there throughout the day. After we get Alexa off the bus, the mad fury towards dinner time begins, culminating in Avery sitting in her feeding chair and I spooning her bites in between stirring whatever it is I'm making for dinner. Then, we eat. (Throw in here, the 2 times just this week I loaded everyone up to go first to Zachy's school for his art show, then the next night to Alexa's writing festival). Then, Avery takes a bath alone b/c she sits in her little bath still. Then I get her all dressed and bottled for bed. Once she's down, it's the others turn in the tub, jammies, books, bed. By 8pm, I'm so done with the day. I often veg out in front of mindless tv or read.

So, there you have it. At the current time, life is busy. Blogging has fallen to the bottom of the pile. Maybe it will rise again. Maybe not.

1 comment:

Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

I still check often to see if you write. I hope you don't stop, but I understand if you do. Blogging can be very exhausting. Maybe if you wanted to keep doing it, you could do more short posts. I'll still check! :) Bets