What a whirlwind the end of 2008 was. With ice storms, Christmas, visitors, parties, New Year's, it seems as though I can't wrap my mind around the fact that 2009 has already started. The beginning of a new year, always makes me reflect on the year past.
It started off in the beginning of January with being a part of the Democratic National convention that took place at the Dome. It was a great experience, over 4000 people there, and I was able to see all the candidates, and the president-to-be.
I then remember the awesome start of the year with Dan and I going on a very nice Valentine's weekend away up north in a bed and breakfast. We are hoping to be able to get away again soon!
Then came March when I made the decision to take a leap into a business venture which has proven to be a great decision in so many ways. I've met so many great people, traveled, become healthier and stronger, my family is healthier and stronger, and I have a nice little side income that I can't complain about.
Then in May, my little man turned 2. Hard to believe 2 years had passed since we endured such heartache and triumph all in one little week. If I had known he would be who he is today, I never would have shed a tear.
Next came the opportunity to sell our house and move back into our family home. So...after only about a year and a half in our new home, we put it up for sale and began the move two towns over. We spent the summer preparing the home and moved in at the end of July. The same day we moved in, we celebrated my little lady's 4th birthday. Again, hard to believe my firstborn was now 4 years old.
And with turning 4, came the beginning of a new era for her...school. In September, she began her first day of preschool. She embraced it like a champ and has never looked back. Now she keeps telling me she can't wait until she is in high school. Yikes.
September also brought us a new dynamic - I discovered I was pregnant. After getting rid of all our baby things in the move, we were a bit overwhelmed with the information. After it sank in, we are so excited for your new addition. However, there was still a bit of hesitancy after all we had been through with Zachary, and the doctor's radars were also heightened. After having a boatload of tests and ultrasounds, everything looks fine, and we are having another girl. We named her in the ultrasound room - after we had the confirmation that all looks ok. Avery Faith will join our family at the end of May 2009.
Then came the flurry of fall activities and holidays. Including the Ice Storm of 2008! Of course in between all of this, we had visits from and with good friends, vacations as a family, weekends away, soccer tournaments, busy schedules, and all that goes along with that.
What will 2009 bring?
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment